Well, kind of. :)
Summer has always been my favorite time of year, even when I was young. Back when I was a wee lad, summer meant that I no longer had to go to that pesky school, and could finally spend my days playing video games like I always wanted. More than that, it meant that I could go camping again, and see the friends I had made at the campground. And swimming. Loved swimming.
Now that I’m older with a “big-boy” job and responsibilities, summer is no longer a three-month vacation. But that doesn’t mean that it’s not still my favorite time of year. Here’s some of the things I have to look forward to this summer.
- Nice Weather—Finally, the temperatures won’t be so damn cold! I’ll be able to walk outside without a sweatshirt! Plus, when it finally gets warm enough, I can use my pool! Whoo!
- Allergies—When I took my allergy test a few years back, I found out that I was lucky enough to be allergic to just about everything. And since nice weather means more flowers which means more pollen, I get to look forward to sneezing and sniffling! Bring it on!
- RolePlays—My little brother uses the time off from school to run a big RolePlay called Rise. While he handles its universe and story, I have contributed quite a bit to it, both on the virtual paper and behind the scenes. I always look forward to these RolePlays, as not only do I get to enjoy some of my favorite characters to write, I get to enjoy some of my favorite characters to read. This RolePlay brings out the best in its participants, and I couldn’t be more eager for it.
- Mario Kart 8—Technically, it comes out next week. But that doesn’t mean I’m not excited for it!
- Vacations—My family is taking a few days to go to the Cape in July to see Martina McBride. And at some point in the middle of August, we’re going to Vermont! Nothing big, but hopefully relaxing and fun.
- Little Brother is Home From School—My little brother and I often get mistaken for twins, and not just because we look alike. We are very close, and have almost the exact same interests. It’s great to have him home, and not just because I get to embarrass him at Mario Kart (though that helps).
That’s all I can think of off the top of my head. What do you guys enjoy about summer?